Please be aware that our website will be undergoing an extensive content update through the month of October. If you have any problems accessing information through our site please contact us at (204) 461-4040
Getting a lesson in WordPress today from Gail!
If you are interested in old grain elevators you will want to check out this interesting link just click here to go to NFB Short (15 min.) Film. http://www.nfb.ca/partial/player/popout/18153/?ct=73.49
At first this job excited me, then it scared me. After that it terrified me for a while. But I have been working for the West Interlake Trading Company for 11 months now and things are starting to fall into place. I still get scared sometimes but generally everything big we plan turns out 95% ok. The other 5% we seem to be able to live with. I just feel like this job is finally settling down and I am settling in. The second year here, I can see, would get easier for me. For one thing I know who (and how) to ask the questions.
I think that tomorrow will be my last official day. This was only a 1 year term position and I was only supposed to work for 8 months of the term (and I liked that idea). Now I’m far past the end of the term, and want to stay. This has been a great experience for me.
Like every other non-profit organization we are perpetually short of volunteers. (Please keep us in mind if you are ever tempted to get bored, we can really use your help.) You will probably see me around, because I will be volunteering too.
Warren Arena, this Saturday, July 24th 2010!!!
Tickets are on sale in Warren at BOYDS, Trail’s North Grill, Warren Hardware, Petes, and Harleys. In Stonewall you can buy them at Sig’s Grill, in Woodlands ask SIGGY or Kristin Beauchamp. In Argyle ask Mitch Hintz. I’m going to the LCC in Argyle too, to ask if they will sell them for us.
Live Band – Past the Perimeter, Great Silent Auction Prizes, Fireworks.
Please Note: All Activity at Warren, Manitoba, Turn-A-Round Station for Prairie Dog Central Railway is Currently on Hold due to Rail Car Storage on the Tracks. (July 1, 2010)
We will be having a meeting with the PDCR shortly and will have more information soon. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.
Pony Rides Only $1
Pancakes, Sausages, Coffee
Come out to the Country Market in Warren at the Grain Elevator Site, where Dad get’s a free Grain Elevator Tour on his special day. Enjoy a Hearty Breakfast all inclusive for only $5 and help us to fundraise as we “Raise the Roof” the money goes on the Elevator Retrofit and Reshingling Project. Shop for a special gift (we have many new and exciting vendors in the market).
Saving the Elevator in Warren Manitoba Continues and Shaw TV Interview’s Gail Spencer Lamm.
Do you want to help?